Dreadtober – To the end

Although I didn’t QUITE get across the line for Dreadtober, it has been a blast!

At the end of Episode Seven I was steaming along. Dreadtober has been a huge abount of fun and has really reinvigorated me hobby mojo.

dreadtober helbrute painting osl

Finished the detailing on the front.

dreadtober helbrute painting bone

Painted all the bone area across the back as well. I am really happy with the end product. Through #DREADTOBER I’ve seen some really cool painting and conversions as detailed at Feed Your Nerd.

Regrettably, I fell short of the goal. My Helbrute is incomplete. At about midnight on November 1st, I declared my public shame.

It’s so close but even a Herculaneum three hour painting session on Saturday night couldn’t get me across the line. At the end of Dreadtober, the close combat arms are about half finished. However, I have completed the body and also the base. I have done more painting in the last thirty one days than I have in six months and seen some pretty cool miniatures along the way. I even experimented with a technique I have never used.

My favourite part of Dreadtober was being able to see the progress of my fellow Dreadtober-ians. Everyone knows that painting to a deadline is a great way to get stuff done and we should all know that it’s that much more enjoyable to be sharing the deadline with a heap of like-minded individuals. So thanks to Greg and Todd for setting the challenge. It has been a blast, even if I didn’t quite get there!

For those keeping score, I will get the Helbrute finished and photographed in the next couple of days.