As a New Year dawns upon us, one’s thoughts turn to New Year’s resolutions and the attempt to better ourselves through promises that, let’s face it, we NEVER keep. Or, at least, I don’t.
However, this year I plan to make changes! I mean it.
One of my many New Year’s Resolutions is to get more hobby done. At the moment, I have a couple of hours each night once the Prince has gone to bed and this would be the ideal time to get my paint on.
The list of things to paint includes:
- Malifaux Resurrectionists (to 35 Soulstones)
- Malifaux Bayou Goblins (to 35 Soulstones)
- Hordes Circle of Orboros (the Kaya Wildborne box set)
- Warhammer Wood Elves (start painting a 2250 tournament army)
- Warhammer Warriors of Chaos (start painting a 2250 tournament army)
- Warhammer 40000 Plague Marines (finish a 1750 – 2000 point army)
- Warhammer 40000 Sisters of Battle (finish a 1750 – 2000 point army)
- Warhammer 40000 Dark Eldar (finish a 1750 – 2000 point army
- Blood Bowl Goblins (added 4/1/2011)
- Blood Bowl Ogres (added 4/1/2011)
- Mordheim Skaven (added 4/1/2011)
- Necromunda Cawdor (added 4/1/2011)
For some (Land Of Misfit Toys) this would be little more than a month’s work 🙂 I am imagining that this will be more than enough to keep me busy for the coming year.
And for my devastated finances, it means that I can’t really justify buying more!
That being said, the following has just appeared out there in the blogosphere:
New Skaven! The Rats That Walk Like Men were my first Warhammer army and I did have a 5 kilogram box of the buggers. I was always really impressed by the old fluff and figure for Ikit Claw, and the rules were awesome too! Games Workshop definitely look like they’re maintaining the quality of the new figure.
I guess old habits die hard and the new Skaven stuff is secretly tugging at my Inner Rat.
Also, Flames of War. Have you SEEN the Tiger Tank box?!
Happy New Year, one and all! And for those keeping count; post number on hundred!! I never thought I’d make it this far.