A bit of a more detailed breakdown of my Plague Marine army. Including pictures and a bit of a dissertation about the models involved.
- 3 x Chaos Terminators
- Terminator Champion Combi-melta, Lightning Claw
- Terminator Chainfist, Combi-melta
- Terminator Combi-melta, Lightning Claw
There are some plans afoot for these guys. I have one squad in dire need of attention that I use for Termicide at the moment and I am also building another squad as Post Heresy Deathshroud Terminators
- 6 x Chosen
- Chosen Champion Champion of Chaos, Bolt Pistol, Combi-melta, Melta Bomb, Power Fist
- 5x Chosen, 5x Replace boltgun w/ Meltagun
- Chaos Rhino Repair, Combi-bolter, Combi-melta, Extra Armour, Searchlight, Smoke launchers
The Chaos Chosen are not awesome. They are overpriced and terribly under powered (when compared to the previous Codex versions).
There’s no more infiltrating a Rhino laden with Chosen in behind your opponent’s lines to wreak havoc; this tactic was always great fun!
Maybe if the game designers had made the Chosen a bit more like their Fantasy Battle cousins things would be different.
Only one Chosen can take a heavy weapon, however, up to four of the rest of the unit can take special weapons. They are still dangerous, just not as mobile and therefore, not as useable.
The Dark Vengeance box had the Chosen setup for close combat, and with a dazzling array of power weapons available, it may be an option.
- Dreadnought CCW, Reaper autocannon
I still have the Chosen in the army. I have the models, so I may as well use them!